Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Charmander found my buttons!

Charmander is the little toy featured in the post below. In the photo he is looking at my 'third' sewing box, not the daily one, not the patchworking one, but the 'other', the point being that I don't look in it very often.

Drawn to it by Charmander and his pleas for mending, I looked inside and found my missing vintage buttons!

Here are the beautiful glass buttons my mum and I sorted from one of her button boxes this Christmas:

Here are some amazing Chinese ones we re-found at the same time:


And this is just a shot of one of my pearl button boxes:

Now, while I had temporarily mislaid the new buttons, I saw lovely button crafts on two blogs. I'm going to track them down and put some links to them here, and maybe it will all help me to decide what I'm going to do with my mother's glass buttons. All suggestions welcome...

No comments: