Friday, March 20, 2009

TW3

So, over the course of the week I've been inspired to take photos of some of my most lovely vintage and vintage-inspired jewellery. This first installment is a fantastic recycled piece of willowpattern pottery which I bought at Edinburgh Treefest with birthday money given by my parents.
This is not our car! I just took the photo because I saw this car in a ditch the day after we'd been having a conversation about cars in ditches!
Dear Penny and Matthew have given us three shelves which are ripe for a makeover. Watch this space...
Later in the week Penny gave me a bag of clothes - I LOVE bags of clothes! This cute cardi is far too dark for me, and the sleeves were too long. I say 'were' because it doesn't look like this anymore. It's now part-way through its very own 'relooking'.

It's bright, it's 3.45 in the afternoon, it's 20 degrees C outside, but we're in the dark, wearing shades...
The boys were off school yesterday due to the 'General' Strike (well, WE all went to work...) but after my lesson we went to Cite de l'Espace and enjoyed both the indoor and outdoor exhibits. We saw both the planetarium show and the 3D IMAX film 'Walking on the Moon'. It was a great afternoon out.
Have a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

JuanitaTortilla said...

O-boy would I like to get my hands on one of those shelves! My husband and I were discussing about placing a bedside lamp for our night reads... (We've been relying on the ceiling lights, you see). A shelf like that could come in handy, haha. Maybe it's time we go thrift-shopping!

JuanitaTortilla said...

Oh yes! What happens to cars that fall into the ditch, by the way? Someone needs to call a rescue truck?