Saturday, February 5, 2011

It's February, so it must be...

... blue paste jewellery, hand-painted flowers on china, little birds.... ... and patchwork!
Why? Because that's what Niki's calendar inspired me to find at home this month! See the china and the blue jewellery?
See the vintage blue and white fabric and the birds?
Here's the whole collection...
Sweet bird from a swap with Eli at A Bit of Heaven, English china plate from a French charity shop, and 1930s (?) patchwork from some kind of goodie bag my mother or grandmother rescued from a jumble sale in the '80s!

11 comments:

Selfsewn said...

Love it Floss!!

Sherri B. said...

Very nice. I would love entire place settings of that china, the pattern on it is so pretty, if you have the set, then lucky you.

Elizabethd said...

A very pretty collection, Floss.

Kit said...

I am loving the bird with her pretty brooch! Kit

Lola Nova said...

So pretty. I love that you do a monthly setting. I keep thinking we should do something of the sort, then I forget. Maybe next month :)

Jane and Chris said...

Oh! The brooch is so pretty..the most beautiful shade of blue.
Jane x

Serenata said...

It is lovely Floss, I do love all your gorgeous blue goodies. The little hexie flower is great as well.

Luisa said...

so pretty!

fayefayesparkle said...

I love your calendar corner every month! I may have to try something similar myself next year (this year I have a baking calendar and I dont think cupcakes would keep for a month!!)

Andi's English Attic said...

I must have been a magpie in a former life - I'm immediately attracted to the paste jewellery. xx

A garden just outside Venice said...

I love looking at your clever and so unique re-interpretations!