Friday, October 14, 2011

Think big!

This is a photo from last month - the current flowers in the pitcher on the piano are even taller!I've been a terrible one for picking a few flowers and making a tiny posy. Buying one little whatever because I couldn't afford the big one, or more than one. But in church last month I noticed that someone had picked a whole cosmos plant and stuck it into the flower arrangement, very effectively.

It worked.

I tried it and it's been working at home ever since.

I wonder why I never THOUGHT BIG before?

5 comments:

patchworkandlace said...

Lovely flowers , i make little posies from my garden to much nicer and cheaper than shop flowers x

scrumptious days said...

I always buy three bunches and split them between two vases, usually one colour, yellow in spring, white summer and winter, orange in autumn, and deep pink peonies in May. That way they go with my seasonal colour schemes.
I do love fresh flowers:-). Yours are lovely.

Lorrie said...

It's pretty and airy looking. Fresh flowers are lovely any which way. Yours look artfully casual.

Pom Pom said...

I guess we must consider our habits every now and then, shake them off, stir things up. Life is school, isn't it?

Kit said...

LOL!! What a great idea. I will have to think of that next year. :) Kit