Saturday, November 12, 2011

November

It's still incredibly warm and sunny here, on the whole. This holiday weekend has been a fantastic one so far. Ben and I went to a nearby town for their tree festival - it's the season to buy bare-rooted trees. To our amazement we found a Bramley tree! I really hope we manage to keep it alive and get it fruiting, as you can't buy British cooking apples in France. I'm keeping things pretty simple with the calendar displays at the moment, but I was inspired by the rosy November page on Nicki's calendar! Life feels rosy in the November sunshine.

Yes, the berries are fake. I can make an exception for berries, for some reason.


Can you spot next year's calendar behind this one? I've decided to go for something a bit different, which I hope will be a really good inspiration for our Thrill of the Old monthly posts. It's vintage and it's Scottish... tune in next year!In other news, Son 1 is pictured here pouring over a book of Mazes, hand-drawn by a fantastic young man from Australia! His mum has sent me and my Cullercoats friend Rob a copy of this incredible book - I need to tell you more about it, but for now, I'm just showing this as a Thank You!

Son 2 is spending time in the sunshine (and in the dark evenings too, actually) out on the window ledge....He's set up his snail farm again!They love a good 'rainfall' and so does he!

2 comments:

Kit said...

I had to chuckle at your son and his snails. My oldest daughter loves snails and slugs and is always rescuing them from harm. :) Kit

Elizabethd said...

Sadly we tried a Bramley tree, but it died after a couple of years.
I do find that the Granny apples cook in a very similar way to Bramleys, have you tried them?