Friday, December 21, 2012

Animals at Christmas

It's Christmas in the garden!
The hens are thriving in their new hen run (fence designed by Ben out of old pallet wood, and constructed en famille by all four of us (but mostly by Ben...) Raja is certain that there is a hole in the fence somewhere. Her new life-project is to seek out the gap - she doesn't want to eat the hens, by the way, she wants the kitchen scraps we feed them!

Son 1 and Ben were out in the garden with the Christmas lights last weekend, and decided to include the hens in the festivities. I'll try to get a photo at night time, too.
Just as Raja tries to eat the hen's food, a goat ate my wreath! This was before it got to me - a friend who's a trained florist made it for me and left it near her back door to keep fresh. Whereupon one of her goats ate it... so I have made a reasonable job with ivy from the garden, but I do miss Amy's creation!

10 comments:

Angela said...

I so love your red front door with its glorious wreath.

Blessings xx

Alex said...

Oh, naughty goat! I hope it wasn't a holly wreath ( mind you, I think a goat might even eat that...)

It looks lovely, anyway.
xx

Faye said...

I like the lights on the hens - what a great idea! Shame about the goat though! x

Frances said...

Floss, I don't think that I've ever before read the words, "a goat ate my wreath." Well, I did laugh at the words' premier.

All the same, your wreath looks very festive, and I do want to thank you again for all the Advent posts. This season of anticipation is so lovely.

xo

Vilisi said...

Lol! Funny about the goat. :)

Nancy McCarroll said...

It is still a beautiful wreath, even though the goat liked it too much. Love, love that red door!

Purrfect Haven said...

It has been delightful visiting you throughout this year. We adore your French dose of loveliness. We look forward very much to more time shared in 2013! and here is wishing it to be a peaceful, healthy and happy new year. Love Darcy, Bingley and Helen xxx

Pom Pom said...

Hello dear Floss! I love your red door, too!
Goats are so FUNNY! I have heard they are wonderful and faithful pets.
I wish you lots of eggs over the holidays!
Bless you, friend.

A garden just outside Venice said...

The wreath looks great!
Wishing you, your kids and Ben a lovely Christmas and a very Happy new Year!

Michela x

polkadotpeticoat said...

Merry Christmas Floss, have a wonderful time with your family, love Heidi